Thursday, April 25, 2013

BENTO...

I was telling myself that I hadn't really gotten creative very much this week and I was somewhat disappointed because the week has been flying by. Although, I realized that I have been extremely busy this week. Appointments, errands and the like. Then I realized I had taken on a whole new level of creative. My daughters have always been fans of taking lunches to school, even more so with the bento style lunches. To put it simple, a lunch that is organized with character. I typically have the girls half the week, so this weeks bentos were as followed...


Rice balls with furikake and tofu sauteed in light soy sauce. Presentation wasn't perfect and I ended up adding 1 more rice ball to fill the gap. Just a smaller one for presentation mostly. And you can't send your kid to school without Sanrio's very own we are dinosaurs chopsticks. I love that my middle schooler picked these ones. I love her personality!!! I love that she doesn't care what anyone thinks ever more... 


Day 2 got me into a little more work but I was actually surprised at how quick the rolls were made. Biggie me (older daughter) doesn't eat any seafood at all. She actually is so disgusted by it that she is disgusted to watch you eat it, it's pretty weird considering she's been around it all her life. She does eat fish cake though, so maybe I'm wrong about the disgstuion (I know, not a word). Her rice roll consisted of rice, seaweed, cream cheese and furikake. While mini me's was rice, seaweed, cream cheese, imitation crab and cucumbers. A little steak for a different flavor and cucumbers (yes, I cut them into hearts),,,


Day 3 I decided to give them a break from rice. They were actually a little bummed but saw what I planned and loved it. Mini me is not a sausage eater, her words were it's just not bacon! Ok, so I got a bacon lover. Biggie me loved the shaped sausages to match her pancakes. No syrup, just a little butter on mini me's pancakes and that was it.
I do hope the food in the photos took your eyes off that horrible yolky 80's style counter. We rent but have discussed changing it out. We just need to discuss it with the owners. I'm sure they'd be ok with it considering they're really chill and totally amazing people. We couldn't be any luckier to have the landlords we do!!!!

 I started week 5 of project life, but I just wasn't really feeling it. So for now it is put away until I am ready again. I do in fact like this page because it was simple, but the rest of it just kind of started irritating me. So, I decided we needed some time apart. It won't be much longer until we can try and work something out...


I also threw together a junk journal kit for Biggie me's friend from church. It has envelopes, cut papers, paper bags, tags, folders all laid together uneven ready to be filled with goodies. I added trinkets just for the sale of giving her some fun stuff to alter to add. I know she follows me on instagram so she has an idea of what I do. My daughter was stoked to give it to her so I was even more excited to make it for her.

Oh and I am moving... The his and hers art/game room is being dismantled due to the fact that we offered the room to my baby big boy cousin. He needed to bounce from the place he as at now in my opinion and we have the room. He has been like my little brother all my life so keeping some stability in his life is very important to me. So as much as I LOVED the his and her art/game room, this is definitely something way more beneficial for an important person in my life.

TFR. Peace. 1L


*GASP* No Bops2 photo... nope, not one! That's how busy I've been this week plus the one time I did play, I raged so I knew the game was something I needed to stay away from for the week.

No comments: